Mozilla’s yearly web developer conference took place this week in Berlin, and we were there! But first, does the official proposal on EU copyright reform risk breaking the web? And what does EU regulated free wifi in the city centers mean for privacy and immaterial rights?
The clips from View Source (https://viewsourceconf.org/) feature:
- Ame Elliott, design director of Simply Secure (https://simplysecure.org)
- Potch (Matt Claypotch), developer advocate at Mozilla (https://twitter.com/potch)
- Bas Timmers, managing director at Neue Signale (https://www.neuesignale.de/)
- Christian Kaindl, web devoloper and student (http://www.christiankaindl.at/)
- Matthias Kleveta, web developer and student (https://twitter.com/motzward)
- The end theme is part of a performance by Tim Pietrusky (https://twitter.com/TimPietrusky) and Ruth John (https://twitter.com/@rumyra)
The MEP’s (Member of European Parliament) in the #savethelink campaign:
- Marietje Schaake (ALDE)
- Julia Reda (Greens/EFA)
- Dan Dalton (ECR)
- Brando Benifei (S&D)
The book mentioned in the interview with Bas Timmers is ”Who Owns the Future?” by Jaron Lanier.